Yes, I know Earth Day was last Thursday, but I am still celebrating: City Market (our small-town version or Kroger/King Soopers) has a whole page of organic produce on sale!! It is always a delicate balance around here, trying to feed the kids the best food I can find while simultaneously avoiding the poorhouse.
On a related note, we're going to give the ol' vegetable garden another try this summer, this time inside the backyard fence, to keep the marauding deer out, and probably inside yet another fence, to keep the curious Samson out. The garden is a little hard to imagine right now, since my chosen garden spot is currently covered with a foot of snow. But even up here (I have heard, not experienced), beans, lettuce, carrots, and beets grow well, so I am hoping for the best!
In the meantime, we're headed to the grocery store this morning to pick up some fantastic organic strawberries (berrrs, as Ethan says). I wish it were Earth Day every Thursday...
12 am ramblings...
10 years ago

2 comments:
So I read on MkMama's blog (which I read every now and then from a link on Sherry's page) that you can plant a garden in a hay bale. I think I might try it. You get a bale or two, water it like crazy for a few days, and then fertilize it/water it for a little longer until it is basically compost, and then plant the seeds. It sounds like it might be easier than garden boxes and such. Maybe you could try it up there too.
Yay for sales on organic produce! I am ALL about that! We are finally going to be doing a little gardening this year and I am SO excited!
Happy Late
Earth Day!!
Post a Comment