CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Just when you think you've got them figured out

I was reading two days ago and came across an article that said something along the lines of "You need to move your kid out of his crib into a bed by the time he is 35 inches." I thought to myself, "Hmm, I think Ethan is a little over 35 inches. It's so nice that he has shown absolutely no inclination to climb out of his crib. These parenting books... you have to take them with a grain of salt..."

So, of course, who did I find staring up at me from right next to the bedroom door this morning? "Wait a sec... that's not where I left you last night..." I tried to interview him about his little escape (I think of Dory on Finding Nemo every time I write that...es-ka-pay...) and didn't get very far.

"Did you climb out of bed this morning?"
Thinks for a minute...smiles... "Uh-huh!"
"Did you fall down?"
Looks a little worried, but no definite response. Not sure how to interpret that one.

I think we will be assembling the toddler bed this afternoon.