Ethan is getting to be a little story-teller (very short stories, of course), and I am enjoying it. He has moved on from just answering a question to adding a little bit of his own information.
This morning, I left the living room with Ethan sitting on the couch with a book and Emmaline pulling up on the dog. I came running back to Emmaline lying on her back on the floor crying, the dog leaving the room as fast as he could, and Ethan standing a little way away, observing the scene. I am ashamed to say I assumed the worst. Most of Ethan's "loving violence" thus far has involved whacking Emma over the head with books or trying to sit on her shoulders and ride her. I was afraid we had reached a pushing-over stage.
"Ethan, did you push your sister over?"
"No! Doggy did it!"
"The Doggy knocked her over?"
"Wight!" (Right)
Not only do I think Ethan's not quite clever enough to invent a story like that on the spot, the dog did have a very guilty look on his face...
12 am ramblings...
10 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment