CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

King and Queen

I am trying to branch out a little from this blog being just a record of all the cute things Ethan says. But really, that is one of the highlights of my life right now. So sorry, everyone who is looking for something deep and philosophical to read.

Ethan loves to play with money. I tutored a boy this summer who needed help with his money-counting skills, and Ethan figured out how fun the stuff is. So today I got him busy with a little bowl of change and a truck-shaped piggy bank. He'd been playing for a while, talking away to himself, when I noticed him saying, "This one daddy...no...dis one mommy..." as he put coins into the bank. I went over to investigate. It turns out the Pennies are Daddy, because Abe Lincoln has a beard. The Nickles are Mommy, because Thomas Jefferson has a ponytail. I love that we are the king and queen of his little universe, so much so that it must be our profiles on his coins.

2 comments:

Kara

That really is so cute! I love that you post this stuff! Don't stop please.

Stacia

I agree, don't stop!
Also, kudos to you. This task would occupy Ben for all of ten seconds.