CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 6, 2010

She Walks!

It's official! Steps have been taken! If you are thinking, "Aww, I wish I could have seen those precious first teetering steps in person," well, me too! I was doing the dishes and Levi was dishing up some ice cream when Joel called from the living room, "Dude...she's walking."

In other news, we got our first ever Christmas tree on Saturday morning! We packed up the van to bursting (the dog did not fit very comfortably), and headed out to the national forest. Ethan got his picture taken with Smokey the Bear when we stopped to get our permit. When we got to the national forest, Levi and Joel hunted for a tree while Ethan, Emmaline (on my back), and I stomped around in the snow and tried to keep Samson from eating a partially-decayed deer head that some hunters had apparently left behind. Yeah. Gross. Anyway, the tree hunt was a success. It is a little too big for our house (funny how they grow when you get them inside), but it looks nice. Ethan runs straight for it every morning. "Pretty Christmas tree! Mommy turn lights on!"

2 comments:

Angela

Cute picture! Ethan's not quite sure about Smokey yet :-)

I can't wait to see Emmaline starting to walk!! What a big girl!

Sue from Fort Collins

I agree with Angela; Ethan doesn't look too happy about that bear! Cute!