The morning started innocently enough as we headed off to church 15 minutes early. I was scheduled as the "helper" in children's church and wanted to get the kids settled in their classes well beforehand. A missing carseat (arrgh) and toddler accident (whoops!) set us back a little, and we dashed into church barely on time.
I slipped into the children's church room looking forward to a fun day of observing the elementary schoolers' lesson, supervising bathroom breaks, and helping pass out crayons. Imagine my surprise when I learned that I was actually teaching the preschool class, and the lady who was supposed to bring the materials for the lesson had forgotten them! Um, that lady might have been me. Whoops.
Anyway, lots of chaos followed, including one 4-year-old who screamed bloody murder for 10 minutes straight, lots of fire-breathing dragons being colored on our pictures of Jesus, and a constant chorus of "can we play now?" during the lesson (they have only had actual lessons for the last 3 weeks. Before that they played the whole time).
I was pretty satisfied when a 2-year-old's mom came to pick him up and he proudly told her that they colored "Jesus and the fishies." today. Success!

0 comments:
Post a Comment