CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 13, 2008

What a relief!

Samson, our noble Saint Bernard, is no longer a man. We put off having him neutered as long as we could, but decided we should just get it over with. So Tuesday morning, the two of us took a little drive to visit the vet. He probably thought he was going somewhere fun. Little did he know...
Levi and I were nervous about the appointment, but decided that the odds of losing two puppies in one year to anesthesia-related-death-while-being-neutered were pretty low. I was still worried though, so the vet offered to call us around 10:30, once Samson was waking up after surgery. To my horror, the phone rang at 9:15 instead, exactly when they called to tell us that Berkley had died. But they were just wondering whether they should pull some of his baby teeth while he was under. Whew.
So, long story long, Samson is just fine, and we are so glad!

3 comments:

Angela

I talked to Mom on Saturday (about our flights) and she told me about Samson's procedure and that little phone-call scare. I'm SO HAPPY that there were no problems! I know just the thought of taking him in must have been scary... Yay for a healthy puppy! She also told me that he's 74 pounds now -- and that's big -- but I thought she said "eleventy-four"! Still, I'm sure he'll be up to 80 when we see him next week. That's about as big as John's (rather elderly) black lab, Arthur (female). We're excited to meet Samson soon!

San Fran is fun, but sooo expensive. It's a good thing John's college will reimburse him for a good part of our expenses. I'll have some pictures to show you! I keep seeing babies around and thinking about whether Ethan will be bigger or smaller than them... John is probably getting a little tired of me always saying "I have the cutest baby nephew!" :-)

Okay, this is your blog, not mine. I've rambled on enough!

Coe

I was excited to see that you have a blog. It will be fun to see the pictures!

Kara

Phew!!! Good thjing to have done though. Abe will appreciate it (he was getting a little tired of being offended)