The kids and I are staying with my parents while Levi is on his annual recruiting trip. It is hard to have him gone, and ten days seems like a really long time to us! Neither one of us is really wild about talking on the phone for extended periods of time, but we are good about catching up and saying goodnight every night. Or so I thought.
I put the kids to bed last night and fell asleep with them for a while. Around 11, I woke up, looked at my phone, and realized that I hadn't called Levi. And he hadn't called me! Panicking, thinking that something must be really wrong, I ran upstairs to call him (we sleep in the basement, and I didn't want to wake the kids up).
He sounded a little confused when he answered. After a minute, he said, "You do know that you just called me an hour ago, right? We talked some and even prayed together."
I have no memory of our conversation. After thinking really, really hard, I vaguely remember sitting on the couch with a phone, and saying "Amen" at one point. But I have no idea what we talked about. I don't even remember going back down to bed.
I usually pride myself on being fairly lucid at night when I am up with the kids. Looks like I am not as with-it as I thought.
12 am ramblings...
10 years ago

2 comments:
Hahaha. That is pretty funny. You are such an old woman. ;)
This is a funny story:)
I think it's so sweet that you guys prayed together over the phone.
If you are bored while in town we'd love to have a play date...if you feel like driving all the way to Greeley. It's a looong way from your parents' house. And if you have a lot to do that's okay too:)
Post a Comment