Oh, this mountain weather. I love it. I hate it.
Yesterday, Levi went to see True Grit (a new Western) with some friends. Our little Woodland Park movie theater only shows 2 movies at a time, and that was not one of them, so the guys had to go down to the Springs to see it. It was a glorious day, and if it's 40 degrees here, it's usually 60 down the hill, so we had a big afternoon planned for the kids: a trip to the park in the Springs, maybe go and play around at Garden of the Gods for a few minutes, and then dinner at IHOP (does any kid not like pancakes?) before the guys went to their movie and I brought the kiddos back home for bed.
But then about 10 minutes before our scheduled departure from home, it started snowing. Like crazy. Dumping. This was NOT in the forecast! I decided I didn't want to drive the kids back up the pass by myself in the dark and in the raging snow, so we stayed home (The guys don't care what the weather's like, so they went).
This probably sounds ridiculous, but after a weekend of planning for an evening of glorious fun in town, the prospect of staying home alone with the kids was a bit depressing. To make it worse, we didn't have a shred of junk food in the whole house. Not one bit. Aww, man...
30 minutes later, I went outside to feed the dog, and lo and behold, it wasn't even snow, it was just some hail, it was a freak storm, and the sky was now blue. Sigh. Oh well, too late now.
So we made pumpkin pie.
12 am ramblings...
10 years ago

3 comments:
Oh Danielle! What rotten luck:( I guess this is a lesson for all of us...always have some junk food on hand...just in case of a freak hail storm!?!
While pie is delicious, this story is terribly sad on so many levels. I hope the boys made it up to all three of you somehow. If not a trip out, then they should get you some amazing junk food that they are not allowed to eat. ;)
Cassie, I absolutely agree. Actually, they are my excuse to purchase junk food and keep it in the house in the first place, so I can't complain too much about that.
Post a Comment